Friday, April 17, 2015

Watching "VISUAL POETRY" a Poetry Reading / Theater Play

I watched a poetry reading "Visual Poetry" produced, written and directed by Yu Shibuya on April 11th. I had been looking forward to watching it. Because I think Yu Shibuya is one of talented people I have ever met in my life and I like his works very much. His previous theater play, "Three sisters of Kunitomi family", I'm not sure exactly an English title of it, made me moved and cried. That play was really impressed and wonderful. So I had expected the "Visual Poetry" should also be nice. Then, I found when I watched it that my expectation had not betrayed myself. I was surprised such a kind of poetry reading was existing. I had known from twitter or facebook that Yu Shibuya had been saying the Visual Poetry is kinda new style of the poetry reading. Exactly it was not only a poetry reading but also a theater play, namely, they were merged into one fantastic art work. I understood the "Visual Poetry" was as it was, means it was truly the VISUAL poetry. In other words, the world in the poetry were able to be seen visually by actors' acting, not only by reading poetry.

Furthermore, what I thought how amazing was, and I believe everyone thought the same was, a way of usage of music stand. Wow.. How amazing it was. The music stands were used as many items such as table, training machine, scoop, etc. I was really impressed it. There were not any other items except for the music stands on the stage, but actors played as if they were using each items, with reality, changed from the music stands.


The "Visual Poetry" consisted of 8 poems. There were laughing, sadness, excitement, joy, moving, happiness, tragedy, etc. But what I felt by watching all through the poems was kinda gentleness and sensitiveness which I felt covering whole the stories. Thinking of it, Yu Shibuya must be such a person, I believe, with gentleness and good sensitiveness. And it may be the reason I like him and his works.

I was able to watch the wonderful work, which I had never seen before. It was nice experience for me. I really appreciate Yu Shibuya who invited me to watch his latest work, the Visual Poetry.

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment