Saturday, August 3, 2013

Essay [ 随想録 ] - 0003


This time, I'm writing my essay in English.

What will I write about?

Ummm...

Okay... About Cranes.  It's not cranes as the bird but cranes as the material handling machine/equipment.

I'm not sure whether you know my ex-job or not, but I was a mechanical designer/engineer of Cranes.  I had been designing cranes such as climbing crane/tower crane for building construction, shipyard crane for shipbuilding, crane for dam construction, overhead traveling crane in works/factory, ladle crane in ironworks, container crane, unloader, shiploader, etc.  I could study lots of things in my ex-job, not only mechanical design but also structural strength calculation, frame structure, material, production process, inspection, safety, patent, R&D... yeah, so many things.  I believe my engineering skill was improved so much in my ex-company.  I really appreciate I could do it in the field of the heavy industries. 

Please let me show you some photos of cranes I like.

Climbing crane / Tower crane for building construction



Shipyard crane for Shipbuilding



Overhead traveling crane for Works/factory



Ladle crane for Ironworks



Container crane



Climbing crane for Dam construction




and....




Crane flying in the air



These machines (and bird) have functional beauties, don't they?  Good functions mostly have good designs.

I feel the power from the field of Heavy Industries such as shipbuilding, material handling equipment, power plant, bridge, aircraft production, devices for space development, etc.  It makes me get excited.  I love the Heavy Industries.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment